23 August 2012

Hallowe'en Party Cones


Hallowe'en Party Cones
Look what we made from our papier mâché cones! Danielle helped us. And it only took her a few minutes. The hardest part was waiting for the glue to dry - honest!

Made from vintage and new SilverCrow stuff, it just took a touch of glue and paper to create an old-fashioned party cone. Just fill one up with candy and wow! what a treat you have!

We glued vintage crepe paper to the outside of the cone and then added Hallowe'en festooning to the inside top of the cone. We glued some Dresdens and scraps to the front and voilà, pretty party cones!

Here's what we used:

Small Papier Mâché Cone Ornament




Vintage Orange Dennison Crepe Paper
Vintage Black Dennison Crepe Paper

Old Fashioned Hallowe'en Festooning
Dresden Flower Bursts or Halos
Vintage Die Cut & Embossed
Pumpkin Scraps
Black Cat with Bow Dresden
Nori Paste
 We glued the festooning to the inside of the cone, but it looks good on the outside, too. We have lots of other scraps. In fact, we have a little grab bag for Hallowe'en projects.
Hallowe'en Scraps & Dresdens Grab Bag - Vintage & New

This project is great for any season. Just change the colors and the scraps and you'll have the perfect party cone.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele. They're easy to do, too!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea ...Halloween is my fav holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you have a great blog!I am always looking out for good craft blogs. You are being added to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog! And a great idea for party decorations/favors!

    It's past Halloween but it gets the creative juices flowing - This idea can be used for any occasion - just switch the colors to suit.

    All the BEST to you!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen, I know, I'm a little bit behind with everything! Switching the colors to red and green for Christmas or blue and silver for Hanukkah would be great!

      Delete
  5. cute cones! always love Halloween! It would be great if it lasted all year long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange is my favorite color and I love the images of Hallowe'en, so I agree. Sorry we're a bit behind in everything!

      Delete
  6. Great blog! It's nice to see SilverCrow everywhere. You've always been my go-to source for everything creative from stocking-stuffers, party invitations,collage materials and much loved ephemera.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kym! We're delighted to hear from you. What a lovely thought!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Silver Crow because, when I'm down, I go shopping. For hours, on the website. I LOVELOVELOVE that there are so many items that are so different from everyone else.
    And when the merch is restocked, it's a joy to scroll and scroll and scroll... and drool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin, what a lovely comment!

      Delete
  8. You guys have the most unique, diverse, and all-around great stash anywhere. Keep feeding my addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! We try hard to find new stuff all the time!

      Delete
  9. I'll have to try this craft next Halloween. I've purchased many great and unique things from you over the years,and I think the Black Cat with Bow Tie Dresden is next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corin. It's great fun to make these for any holiday by just changing the colors and images a bit. But, Hallowe'en is our favorite!

      Delete