30 November 2010

Scented Ink Sampler

Scented Ink Sampler
We don't usually write about our products in such detail, but this is a favorite of ours. - Well, it's probably not Pete's favorite, but I love it.

When I was a little girl, I had tons of pen pals. There were lots of reasons. My Mom was a librarian. I'm an only child and I love projects and meeting people around the world. I fancied myself a world traveler and my stuffed animals were my entourage!

There was once a store in Donora named Howard's. My mother's friend, Evelyn and her husband (Howard, of course) had a bit of this and that - stationery, gifts, stickers and a wondrous supply of fanciful and exciting objects. I was always drawn to the stationery. Whenever Crane or Eaton introduced a new box, I wanted it so badly that I'd spend my whole allowance on it. My very favorite was the tissue-like rose-scented stationery. I envisioned myself writing billets doux, even as a 10-year-old, and dancing in lush evening gowns in Paris on my way to the Orient Express.

So many of those dreams returned when I found this glorious sampler.

What a wonderful gift for a child or for yourself - I wish you every dream that I had and more!

Amber scented with Orange
Red scented with Rose
Violet scented with Violet
Blue scented with Lavender
Green scented with Apple

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog post! :D You definitely have a way with words - and now I TOTALLY want that ink sampler! :D

    ReplyDelete