06 April 2009

Safety Leaves No Room for Miracles

Wow, what tough times everyone is going through. But just when you're sure you can't take it, you realize that it's not as bad as it could be. At, least that's a fine plan. There is little comfort for many of us right now, but, as my Dad used to say, "it always works out - just not the way you thought it would." I'm pretty sure he was just trying to make me feel better for some whining I was doing, but he was right on target.

After collecting quotes for years, last night I heard my new favorite on tv, but I can't remember which show, or who said it, but it's perfect advice for me:

SAFETY LEAVES NO ROOM FOR MIRACLES I'm a safety freak - so much so that people love to catch me in a safety faux pas. I worry about unlocked doors, open file drawers, sunbeams in mirrors starting fires (it happened to a friend of mine!) But sometimes life just happens, doesn't it?


Enough philosophy for the moment, I just added 26 new items since April 4 and I'm planning on adding a bunch more. Interspersed here are some of the new things I hope to add over the next few days. You know, I even worry that if I don't add new items almost every day, no one will ever look  at http://www.silvercrowcreations.com/ again! But sometimes, life does just get in the way and I get behind. So, my April 6 resolution is to try to add at least 2 things each day. Wish me luck!

We've been considering a contest - one where everyone who enters will win something, but we just can't come up with one clever enough - so, if you have any ideas, please send them to us. We were trying to come up with some clever one-day only sales, too, but our software is just a bit old-fashioned and it would take me 3 or 4 days just to program it - hardly worth it for anyone.

So, that's where the contest comes in and some other fun stuff like new grab bags and our new Bargains page.

No comments:

Post a Comment